RCB Instructor Training
The parenting course Redirecting Children’s Behavior gives parents fast, effective ways to become calmer and more confident and to raise their children to be responsible and cooperative. Parents are given easy-to-learn positive parenting techniques that allow them to redirect their children’s behavior through loving guidance rather than ineffective punishment. They will learn tips on using logical consequences, setting limits, and achieving peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Why do you want to become a Certified Parent Educator?
- Experience the fulfillment of sharing life-changing moments with parents.
- Network with hundreds of people throughout the world who are committed to parent education.
- Create a fun, exciting, sensitive learning environment.
- Learn leading-edge positive approaches to parenting.
- Launch a new career as a parent educator and work at your own pace.
- Add parent education to the services that you already provide.
A Life Changing Parenting Program
Pediatricians and mental health professionals nationwide endorse this certification training to teach Redirecting Children’s Behavior because it works! You will be trained to teach parents and other professionals how to discipline and encourage children without yelling, punishing, nagging, time out, and spanking. Your teaching seminars will offer 15 hours of skill-based strategies, hands-on learning experiences, and fun exercises that will help your participants to feel calm, confident, and enjoy parenting. These changes have a direct and profound impact on the behavior of children.
You can help our families…
Stress, technology overload, violence in the schools, single-parents homes, blended families—these are the dynamics of our families and children. Today’s families are searching for new ways to connect and influence their children.
Consider the following statistics:
- The average child in America receives only 12.5 minutes per day in communication with his or her parents.
Of those 12.5 minutes, parents spend 8.5 minutes correcting, criticizing or arguing.
- This leaves only four minutes each day for instruction of values, morals, ethics, attitudes and affection.
In a study of children ages 1-12, the single most important determinant of children’s self-esteem is the perception of how much they are valued by their parents.
- On the average, a child receives 400 negative comments compared to only 32 positive comments per day
Current instructors charge $275 – $395 per couple for the course and the average class size is between 10-30 people. Imagine how this extra income could affect you and your family!
Team with International Network of Children and Families (INCAF)
A strong component to our training is the instruction and support you will receive to be successful. The INCAF Team offers one of the nations best support systems for certified parent educators. During training, you will receive a business plan worksheet, workshop outlines, and full-color, glossy brochure to market your courses. Our annual convention provides you with inspiring keynote speakers and educational workshops to motivate, revitalize and give you informational updates to help you maintain your success.
Your training includes:
- Coaching on how to facilitate group discussions.
- Tips on handling difficult interactions with participants.
- How to deliver a dynamic public presentation.
- Effective marketing and enrollment approaches.
- Instructor’s manual—detailed, step-by-step easy to use guide for facilitators.
- Twelve Redirecting Children’s Behavior (RCB) books for your first class.
- Twelve RCB workbooks for your first class.
- 25 RCB brochures.
- Parenting guidelines audio cassette tape by Kathryn Kvols.
- Sample diplomas, advertising pieces, course handouts and flyers.
- National support including free monthly teleconferences.
- Personal advertising placement on the INCAF web site.
- 3 Introductory Workshops.
You will be certified to teach these proven parenting skills:
- Create emotionally healthy, connected families.
- Effectively redirect sibling rivalry.
- Set clear limits and follow through with meaningful consequences.
- Establish family meetings to teach leadership, values and problem solving skills.
- The difference between motivating through love vs. motivating through fear.
- Communicate in a way that encourages your child to talk to you.
- Resolve conflicts without power struggles.
- The four times not to discipline children.
- Teach children how to solve their own problems, offering them guidance when needed.
- Understanding why time out does not work and what to do instead.
- Assist children in developing self-control, responsibility and self-confidence.
- Importance of working as a unified couple.
- Networking for single parents.
- Make parenting more fun!
What do I need to do before the training?
You are required to attend the 5-week Redirecting Children’s Behavior course or if there is not a course in your area, view the Home Course.
How large will the group be?
This training is limited to 10 participants.
|General||Teaching Couple||Non-Profit Organizations|
|Non-refundable and transferable||Non-refundable and transferable||Non-refundable and transferable|
Check back soon for upcoming classes!
For more information or to apply, send us a message!